Regulations on International Projects
Regulations on International Projects
Regulations on International Projects Carried out within International Agreements of the Republic of Belarus
Approved by the Enactment of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus no.1065 of August 13, 2003
1. These Regulations establish the order of submission of applications, competitive selection, financing and implementation of international scientific-technical projects carried out by the organizations of the Republic of Belarus completely or partially at the expense of the national budget (hereafter the projects).
2. The project is a complex of interconnected measures with the purpose of the solution of the problem (achievement of the common objective) in respect of executors, periods and resources implemented in cooperation by collaborating organizations of several states and aimed at: the establishment and (or) adoption of new technologies and (or) types of products (works, services);
the improvement of parameters of applied technologies and (or)the products which are produced (works, services) ensuring the competitive power of these organizations on the world market;
the development of fundamental and scientific knowledge and prospective methods of application of them;
the ensuring of the entry of the export oriented technologies into the foreign markets by means of stimulation of exhibition and trade fair activities and participation in international events . As a rule, the projects are a component part of the programs of scientific-technical collaboration implemented within international agreements.
3. The projects are to meet the following requirements:
to be oriented to the solution of the most important problems of socioeconomic development of Belarus and to correspond to the priority areas of scientific-technical activity of the Republic of Belarus and bilateral (multilateral) scientific-technical collaboration with the state-partner (state-partners);
the scientific-technical goods being the result of implementation of the project are to possess the scientific novelty and to be in demand on markets;
the period of implementation of the project is to be not more than 2 years. The period of implementation of the projects may be increased if the project duration is dictated by technological peculiarities of works and is corroborated by the opinion of the State scientific-technical (scientific) expert examination.
Submission of Applications and Competitive Selection of Projects:
4. Formation of projects and submission of applications is carried out by state customers of the projects.
5. State governing bodies and other state organizations subordinated to the Government of the Republic of Belarus, the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, the special-purpose funds can be the state customers of the projects; national state governing bodies and other state organizations subordinated to the Government of the Republic of Belarus and the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus can be the state customers of the projects of fundamental nature (if the executive organization is subordinated to these national state governing bodies and state organizations).
6. The state customer is to submit an application in triplicate to the SCST for consideration (the set of application forms) which comprehends: a feasibility study (for the projects the purpose of which is to improve the performance characteristics of applied technologies and (or) produced articles (works, services) and the development of fundamental scientific knowledge and prospective methods of application of the technologies);
business-plans (for the projects oriented to creation and (or) adoption of new technologies and (or) types of products (works, services);
written commitments of the state customer and (or) other persons interested in practical use of the research and development results obtained while implementing the project (for applied projects (with the exception of the socially oriented ones);
written commitments of the state customer and (or) other persons interested in share participation in the volume of project financing of not less than 50% of the total amount of means oriented to these purposes (for the projects the implementation of research and development activities is planned within);
a copy of the agreement on collaboration with the foreign partner organization.
7. Preliminary consideration of the applications is carried out by the SCST in accordance with the requirements of the Clauses 3 and 6 of these Regulations.
The projects not meeting the prescribed requirements are to be returned with the indication of the reasons of return.
8. The projects drawn up in accordance with specified requirements are sent to state scientific-technical expert boards of the appropriate profile for conducting of the state scientific-technical expert examination or the Belarusian Fund of Fundamental Researches (for the projects of fundamental nature) for conducting of the state scientific-technical expert examination by the SCST in the prescribed manner.
9. The competitive selection of projects is held on the basis of the results of the state scientific-technical (scientific) expert examination by the contest committee established by the SCST.
10. The projects selected on the basis of the results of the contest are to be introduced on behalf of the Belarusian party for consideration by the other party in the manner prescribed by the SCST. The results of consideration of project materials are to be discussed at the meeting of the appropriate joint (intergovernmental) committee specialized in scientific-technical collaboration. The decision on inclusion of the projects into the program of scientific-technical collaboration is to be made at this meeting.
11. The selected projects and the ones included in the program of scientific-technical collaboration are to be approved by the SCST. Besides, the state customers are specified for each project.
Financing of Projects:
12. The SCST is to inform the state customers on the decision on inclusion of the projects into the program of scientific-technical collaboration.
13. The proposals on the volumes of the means of the national budget for the next financial year are to be formed by the state customers of projects taking into account of estimated figures of socioeconomic development of the Republic of Belarus and are introduced in the SCST in the prescribed manner. The SCST is to form a consolidated request for the financing of international scientific-technical projects within the financing of international scientific-technical collaboration prescribed by the Limits of Expenditures for financing of scientific, scientific-technical and innovation activities. The means of the national budget for the financing of projects are to be stipulated in the mentioned Limits written by a separate line for each state customer.
14. Means assigned by the national budget for implementation of the projects are to comprehend the expenditures for secondment of Belarusian specialists overseas and reception of delegations with the purpose of implementation of the project or participation in the international events held in the territory of the countries which are the partners and communication services.
Organization and Control of Implementation of the Projects:
15. State customers conclude agreements on implementation of the works stipulated by the contracts with executors (organizations) after adoption of the projects and the Limits of Expenditures for the financing of scientific, scientific-technical and innovation activities for the current year.
The forms of the concluded agreements are to correspond to the forms of standard contracts for creation (transfer) of scientific-technical products. Commitments for financing of the project works of state customers at the expense of non-budgetary sources (for applied projects), requirements to the planned results of works and dates of conducting of the works, terms and order of payment of expenses of executors (co-executors) of projects , rights, obligations, responsibility of the parties and other terms are stipulated by the agreements.
16. Research and development works carried out within the project are subject to obligatory state registration in the prescribed manner.
17. Rights to the results of the works of each project are to be stipulated in agreements on collaboration between executive organizations of the participant-states or in a separate agreement in accordance with the legislation of the parties.
18. A state customer exercises control over implementation of projects, purpose and efficient use of the means assigned by the state budget, fulfillment of arrangements for project financing on the basis of non-budgetary funds (for applied projects) and evaluation and acceptance of the results of project works in accordance with terms and time-frames stipulated by agreements.
19. The SCST regularly checks the course of implementation of project works. Efficiency of use of financial means assigned by the state budget for implementation of projects, correspondence of the expenditures to the purpose, reasonableness of use of financial means in accordance with appropriate items of expenses, the state of implementation of the volumes of works stipulated for the corresponding period, the scientific-technical level of the obtained results and other commitments accepted by the state customer and executors of projects.
20. In case of non-fulfillment of the accepted financing obligations for corresponding projects on the basis of non-budgetary funds (for applied projects) by state customers and (or) other interested persons, the financing on the basis of the state budget is to be suspended by the decision of the SCST until all the reasons and circumstances of non-budgeting by the mentioned financial sources are clarified.
21. In case of renunciation of the accepted obligations for financing of the projects on the basis of non-budgetary funds by the state customers and (or) other interested persons, determination of a fact of misapplication of the state budgetary means assigned for implementation of the projects, impossibility of achievement of the goals set by the projects, the SCST makes a decision on suspension of financing of such projects on the basis of the state budget. The SCST is to inform the state customers on this decision. The decision on repayment of the spent budgetary means is to be made in the manner prescribed by the legislation.
22. The state customers are to send the reports on implementation of works to the SCST till the 25th of January annually.
The SCST is to submit the summary reports on implementation of the projects in accordance of the results of the previous year to the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus till the 25th of March annually.
23. As a rule, the intermediate and aggregate results of implementation of the project works are to be considered at least once every 6 months at the session of the Belarusian party of the joint (intergovernmental) committee on scientific-technical collaboration, if it is necessary with the participation of the representatives of the state customers (and annually at the session of the joint (intergovernmental) committee on scientific-technical collaboration). The evaluation of the results of implementation of works and probable recommendations are to be recorded in the minutes of the session.
The SCST is to inform the foreign party of the joint (intergovernmental) committee on scientific-technical collaboration on current amendments introduced into the projects on behalf of the Belarusian party in working order.