Contest of Young Scientists
Contest of Young Scientists
Information about the national contest for the establishment of scholarships of the President of the Republic of Belarus for talented young scientists for 2020
In order to stimulate the development of the creative potential of young scientists in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus of 11 August 2005 No. 367 “On Improving the Stimulation of the Creative Work of Young Scientists”, 100 scholarships of the President of the Republic of Belarus are established for talented young scientists working in the organizations, which carry out research and development in the field of natural, technical, social and human sciences (hereinafter - scholarships).
Scholarships are established for a period of one calendar year and are paid regardless of the salary amount. The size of scholarships is determined by the President of the Republic of Belarus on the basis of proposals from the Interdepartmental Commission for the Consideration of Candidates for the Establishment of Scholarships of the President of the Republic of Belarus for talented young scientists following the results of the annual open national contest.
1. The candidates, who have attained the best results in scientific, scientific-technical and innovative activity of doctors of science under the age of 45, the candidates of science up to 35 years and the scientists without a degree up to 30 years as of January 1 of the year in which the promotion is implemented, are proposed to participate in the contest.
2. The achievements in the priority areas of fundamental and applied research, scientific-technical and innovation activities and the contribution to the socio-economic development of the Republic of Belarus are taken into account during the nomination of talented young scientists for the contest.
The results of the research of scientists must meet the following criteria (one or more):
the discovery of previously unknown patterns, the obtaining of fundamentally new scientific results, the development of new scientific theories and concepts that have been recognized in the Republic of Belarus and (or) abroad and introduced into practical activities and (or) the educational process;
the development of new methods, devices, substances, strains of microorganisms, cultures of plant and animal cells, the fundamental improvement of them or the application for a new purpose (confirmed by patents for the invention) and the introduction of them into practical activities and (or) the educational process;
the creation of objects of new technology (methods, devices and technological processes) corresponding or exceeding the world level by the most of the technical parameters (confirmed by patents for invention), and the implementation of them in practical activities.
These criteria are taken into account in relation to talented young scientists as follows:
achievements of doctors of sciences should include a full cycle of works - from a scientific idea to a practical implementation and (or) recognition of research results in the Republic of Belarus and (or) abroad;
the achievements of candidates of sciences should be of a great scientific and applied importance, a practical confirmation and (or) a recognition of research results in the Republic of Belarus and (or) abroad;
the achievements of young scientists without a degree should be expressed in the participation of the development of an idea of a scientific importance and (or) a practical importance, in the implementation of fundamental and / or applied research aimed at its confirmation and (or) practical implementation.
3. The nomination of candidates is carried out by organizations at the main place of work of a talented young scientist, at a meeting of researchers or a scientific and technical (academic) board based on the recommendation of the team of employees of the structural unit where he works.
Reviews of at least two independent experts, attracted by this organization are taken into account during the nomination of candidates.
The decision of the meeting of scientists and the meeting of the scientific and technical (academic) board is valid if at least 2/3 of the scientists or members of the scientific and technical (scientific) board participated in the voting. Candidates who received more than 2/3 of the votes of participating scientists or members of the scientific and technical (academic) board are considered as recommended.
4. Organizations recommending candidates for scholarship assignments submit for each of them petitions, to which the following documents are attached (according to the inventory with the indication of the number of attached sheets).
1. the petition of the organization;
2. the information about a talented young scientist:
first name, patronymic, surname, day, month, year and place of birth and address of registration;
the education (which institution of higher education he graduated from and when), specialty by education;
the academic degree and the academic title;
the place of work (the name of the organization and its location in accordance with the constituent documents and the office phone);
the position held (with the indication of the year of employment);
the stay abroad (the country and the period of stay);
the awards (with the date of award);
the information on previously awarded scholarships and grants of the President of the Republic of Belarus (the name of the contest and the year);
the work in the past (the period, the position and the place of work)
the main areas of scientific activity;
the management of graduate students and applicants;
the home address (with the postcode) and the contact phone number (with the city code and (or) the mobile phone);
3. the extract from the minutes of the meeting of scientists or the meeting of the scientific and technical (scientific) board of the organization on the nomination of a candidate for awarding a scholarship indicating the results of the vote, motivated by the justification of the achievements of a talented young scientist in the form of wording, for which it is recommended to award a scholarship in a strict accordance with the criteria specified in parts 2, 3, 4 of paragraph 2. The presented wording is a justification for awarding a scholarship and may be subject only to corrective changes in the process of review. (The sample: the order of the President of the Republic of Belarus of December 22, 2018 No. 253 рп);
4. the reviews of two independent experts, attracted by the organization at the place of work of the young scientist.
5. the report on the scientific, scientific and technical and innovation activities of the talented young scientist, approved by the head of the organization at the place of his main work with a brief justification of plans for the implementation of new research projects;
6. the list of published books, scientific articles, patents and copyright certificates of the talented young scientist over the past three years, signed by this scientist and certified by the head of the organization;
7. copies of documents confirming the implementation of scientific results in practical activities and (or) an educational process;
8. the service description;
9. the photocopies of pages 25, 31 and 33 of the passport of a citizen of the Republic of Belarus.
Recommendations on the design and presentation of the necessary documents are presented here.
5. Documents for the contest for awarding scholarships for 2020 are submitted by July 1, 2019 to:
National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, according to the candidates recommended by organizations of the Academy, at the following address: 66 Nezavisimost Avenue, Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Minsk. Telephone for information: (017) 284-28-26, 284-24-56;
Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus, on candidates recommended by institutions of higher education at the address: 9 Sovetskaya str., Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus, Minsk, 220010. Help by phone: (017) 200-99-80;
The State Committee on Science and Technology of the Republic of Belarus, on candidates recommended by other organizations carrying out research and development at the address: 1 Academitcheskaya str., Minsk, 220072. Telephone for information: (017) 284-25-20.
In case of violation of the deadline and the form of submission of these documents or the submission of the documents is not complete, applications from organizations recommending candidates for awarding scholarships will not be accepted!
Scholarships are not assigned to young scientists who:
were awarded scholarships of the President of the Republic of Belarus for talented young scientists in the previous five years, including the year in which the nomination to participate in the contest is carried out,;
grants are provided for the year of awarding a scholarship in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus of September 13, 2013 No. 425 “On grants of the President of the Republic of Belarus in Science, Education, Health Care and Culture”;
during the three years preceding the year of awarding the scholarship, other scholarships of the President of the Republic of Belarus were awarded, with the exception of scholarships and grants of special funds of the President of the Republic of Belarus for the social support of gifted students and talented young people.